- What is benzoyl peroxide?
- Benefits of benzoyl peroxide.
- Side effects of using benzoyl peroxide.
- How to cope with side effects?
- How to use benzoyl peroxide?
- Benzoyl peroxide vs salicylic acid.
- Benzoyl peroxide body wash.
- Benzoyl peroxide face wash.
what is benzoyl peroxide?
Benzoyl peroxide is a chemical compound often obbreviated as (BZO)2. Benzoyl peroxide has been used as a medication and a water disinfectant. As a medication, benzoyl peroxide is mostly used to treat acne. In some products benzoyl peroxide is either used alone or combination.
Benzoyl peroxide can effectively get rid of bacteria and dead skin cells that clog your pores. It’s found in many different forms cleansers, lotions, creams, gels and toner like solution. Check the ingredient on label taking the wrong product could harm you.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO WORK: Benzoyl peroxide usually takes about 4 weeks to start working. It can take up to 2 to 4 months for treatment to have its full effect.
BENEFITS OF BENZOYL PEROXIDE
BENZOYL PEROXIDE FOR ACNE: Benzoyl peroxide works to treat and prevent acne by killing bacteria underneath the skin.
BENZOYL PEROXIDE FOR PIMPLES: Benzoyl peroxide works particularly well for inflammatory acne, which causes red bumps that contain pustules, papules and nodules.
BENZOYL PEROXIDE FOR BLACKHEADS AND WHITEHEADS: Black heads and whiteheads are classified to non inflammatory because they don’t cause red bumps. Benzoyl peroxide helps to treat oil and dead skin cells that clog your pores, but it may not be best treatment option for blackhead and whitehead.
BENZOYL PPEROXIDE FOR ACNE: Combination products such as benzoyl peroxide/salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide/clindamycin appear to be slightly more effective than benzoyl peroxide alone for acne treatment.
side effects of using benzoyl peroxide
Benzoyl peroxide can cause side effects. This is the case when you first start using product. It is recommend to start with low concentration.
Application of benzoyl peroxide to skin may result in redness, burning, irritation and dry skin. This side effect is dose dependent. If any of this effect persist or worsen, please consult a doctor. Anyone with an allergy to benzoyl peroxide should avoid any product that contains it.
SKIN SIDE EFFECTS: Benzoyl peroxide works by peeling away the skin to get rid of dead skin cells, excessive oil, and bacteria. Such effect can leads to dryness as well as redness. you might cause itching and general irritation.
ALLERGIC REACTION: If you are getting redness or irritation by using benzoyl peroxide immediately stop using that product and talk to dermatologist about following side effects. Getting side effects by using benzoyl peroxide are sign of allergic reaction.
HOW TO COPE WITH SIDE EFFECTS?
DRY SKIN: Apply moisturizer and lip balm regularly. For sensitive skin oil free face moisture is the best type. Try to take shorter shower with warm water.
RED OR PEELNG SKIN: If your skin is getting red or peeling then stop using for few days or try using less often then start again. Do not use other products on your skin in meantime.
SKIN IRRITATION: Try using gel or wash once a day instead of twice or every other day. If the irritation does not go away after this time stop using it and speak to a doctor.
Before using benzoyl peroxide tell your doctor or pharmacist your medical history. This medication may make you more sensitive to sun.
Use sunscreen and wear protective clothing when outdoors. This medication should be only use only when clearly needed.
how to use benzoyl peroxide?
While using benzoyl peroxide try to be consistent for fastest improvement.
Always wash hands before and after using benzoyl peroxide. Benzoyl peroxide can bleach or discolour your hair as well as clothes, towels and bedding. Keep it away from hair and coloured fabrics.
As a general rule people can use benzoyl peroxide once every 1-2 days until the skin becomes used to it. If skin becomes overly dry or begin to peel, it may be best to use less frequently.
It is best to avoid direct sunlight while using benzoyl peroxide. Before bed is the best time to apply benzoyl peroxide.
Another key is to choose the appropriate concentration. The concentration that you choose to use may depend on your skin.
If you have sensitive skin choose to use lower concentration (around 4 percent). Avoid getting this medication into your eyes, inside your nose or mouth, or any areas of broken skin since it may cause irritation. If this occurs, flush the area with plenty of water.
BENZOYL PEROXIDE VS SALICYLIC ACID
Both benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid have a key super power: Salicylic acid removes dead skin cells that are clogging pores, while benzoyl actually kills the acne-causing bacteria itself. It’s quite possible that both acne-fighters will work well with your skin, but salicylic acid’s primary role is to get rid of dead skin cells. It also wont stain your hair or clothing like benzoyl peroxide can. But it can still lead to dry, red, and peeling skin.
If you have inflammatory acne along with oily, less sensitive skin, benzoyl peroxide may be the better choice.
Benzoyl peroxide has an ‘A’ rating for recommendation, salicylic acid only has ‘B’.
The concentration of benzoyl peroxide ranges from 5% to 10%.
BENZOYL PEROXIDE BODY WASH
Benzoyl peroxide body washes have anti bacterial and anti inflammatory properties, When benzoyl peroxide applied to skin it releases oxygen into the poles killing the bacteria below the surface of skin that causes acne.
1.The body shop tea tree skin clearing body wash
- Our Tea Tree Skin Clearing Body Wash is soap-free daily wash that promotes clearer-looking skin on the body.
- Enriched with Community Trade Tea Tree Oil, it leaves skin feeling fresh and refreshed.
- 100% vegan. Instructions – Apply to wet skin to transform the gel body wash into a lather, and gently massage onto skin all over the body. Rinse with water. For best results, use daily
- Enriched with Community Trade Tea Tre Oil from the foothills of Mount Kenya.
- Helps skin on the body look clearer
tea tree oil, lemon tea tree and tamanu oil – that work together to help keep skin clearer-looking by visibly reducing the appearance of breakouts, and targeting excess oil.
2.Neutrogena body clear acne treatment body wash
Neutrogena Body Clear Acne Body Wash with Glycerin & Salicylic Acid Acne Medicine for Acne-Prone Skin
- One 8.5-ounce bottle of acne-fighting body wash
- Refreshing, clean-rinsing body wash helps fight breakouts on your back, chest and shoulders
- Contains salicylic acid to treat and help prevent breakouts without overdrying and irritating your skin
- Foaming lather rinses thoroughly and without leaving any pore-clogging residue behind
- Neutrogena manufactures a line of dermatologist recommended skin and hair care products distributed in more than 70 countries
Water, glycerin, sodium laureth sulfate, cellulose, lauryl glucoside, acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, microcrystalline cellulose, phenoxyethanol, fragrance
3.Sensitive Skin Body Wash by Tree
Sensitive Skin Body Wash for Women and Men
- WILD INGREDIENTS WITH A GENTLE TOUCH: Perhaps it’s the wild grown soapberries in our paraben free body wash that leave you clean and fresh without irritating your skin. Or maybe it’s our Natural Nourishing Botanicals that hydrate, and revitalize, leaving softness without residue! Regardless of why everyone else loves it, our all natural body wash makes total sense for the most delicate skin.
- SOOTHING CLEANSE FOR SENSITIVE SKIN: For calm, clear skin, you must keep its acidic pH at around 5.5. And that’s exactly why we use the naturally balancing soapberry in our sulfate free body wash. We simply added the coconut cleansers, Shea Moisture, Aloe Vera, Cucumber and Chamomile to create the best body wash for sensitive skin. Simply put, this vegan body wash for women and men is the soothing cleanser your skin has been waiting for.
- GENTLE CITRUS SCENT: Body washes from many brands still contain harsh chemicals, and it’s felt as itchy skin, sticky residue, and strong fragrances. You’ll be glad to know that Tree To Tub is different because all our products are purely harvested from nature, including the Refreshing Orange Essential Oil in this natural body wash for women and men. For the perfect skincare combo, add our face wash and lotion.
4.Mario Badescu A.H.A Botanical body soap
Contains soothing, healing oatmeal. Exfoliates with natural botanicals. Ideal for controlling body acne.
Papaya and grapefruit extracts help breakdown dead skin cells to leave skin feeling soft and smooth. Ginseng extract rejuvenates while oat protein soothes sensitive and irritated areas.
Use daily as an all over body wash avoiding face and eyes. Apply to wet skin with a soft cloth, loofah or sponge.
5.Pan oxyl acne foaming wash
- Maximum strength formula contains 10% Benzoyl peroxide
- Highest over the counter Benzoyl peroxide wash available
- Maximum strength, antimicrobial foaming wash kills acne-causing bacteria on contact and lifts dirt from pores for a fresher, clearer you.
- Works to clean and unclog pores on face, chest and back
- Clears existing acne and helps prevent new blemishes from forming
BENZOYL PEROXIDE FACE WASH
1.Neutrogena rapid clear stubborn acne cleanser
- 5-ounce tube of Neutrogena stubborn acne facial cleanser with maximum-strength 10% benzoyl peroxide formula to fight acne while helping to prevent future breakouts
- This acne-fighting face wash is proven to rapidly reduce redness and the size of stubborn acne in just 1 day, for clearer and healthier looking skin with continued use
- Its maximum strength formula contains 10% benzoyl peroxide, an acne medicine similar to salicylic acid and adapalene. Benzoyl peroxide is the acne medication dermatologists recommend most for clearer skin without a prescription.
- Our acne treatment facial cleanser is gentle enough for daily use in both the morning and at night. Begin with 1 daily application and then gradually increase to 2-3 times per day if needed or as directed by a doctor.
- The benzoyl peroxide face wash is clinically proven to help fight stubborn acne and help prevent future breakouts.
Active ingredient Benzoyl Peroxide 10% Purpose Acne Medication Inactive ingredients Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Petrolatum, Glycerin, Steareth-2, Zinc Lactate, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Xanthan Gum, Fragrance, Benzyl Alcohol, Laureth-4, Disodium EDTA, BHT, MentholActive ingredient Benzoyl Peroxide 10% Purpose Acne Medication Inactive ingredients Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Petrolatum, Glycerin, Steareth-2, Zinc Lactate, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate
2. Paula’s choice clear regular strength skin clearing treatment
- POTENT & EFFECTIVE LEAVE-ON EXOLIANT: Harnessing 2% Salicylic Acid (BHA), this gentle-yet-effective, no-rinse formula clears breakouts, unclogs & minimizes pores, and helps to visibly fade red marks from past breakouts. This liquid exfoliator quickly reduces blackheads, white bumps, & acne without the skin-damaging effects of scrubs & brushes. PACKAGING MAY VARY.
- Paula’s Choice CLEAR Extra Strength Anti-Redness Exfoliating Solution gently reduces signs of redness and sensitivity. The weightless, water-light texture leaves your face feeling refreshed and clean while delivering potent blemish-fighting, pore-minimizing benefits all day long. It’s suitable even for skin prone to cystic acne or sensitivity.
- HYDRATE, BRIGHTEN & SMOOTH FINE LINES: Our unique, non-abrasive, leave-on exfoliant is gentle enough for daily use on all skin types. Exfoliates dead skin cells while clearing pores for a more even tone, plus it visibly reduces fine lines & wrinkles.
Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid 2.0% (anti-acne); Other Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Methylpropanediol, Butylene Glycol, Polysorbate 20, Camellia Oleifera (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Sodium Hydroxide, Tetrasodium EDTAActive Ingredient: Salicylic Acid 2.0% (anti-acne); Other Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Methylpropanediol, Butylene Glycol, Polysorbate 20, Camellia Oleifera (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Sodium Hydroxide
3.Humane benzoyl peroxide 10% acne wash
- Maximum-Strength Acne Wash and Oil-Free Moisturizer Bundle: This bundle includes our Maximum-Strength Acne Wash with 10% benzoyl peroxide, a non-foaming face and body cleanser that works to unclog pores, reduce inflammation and clear skin. Plus, our Oil-Free Moisturizer, which contains a blend of effective, complexion-friendly ingredients, including ultra-hydrating hyaluronic acid and antioxidant-rich aloe vera and cucumber and grape seed extracts.
- Maximum-Strength Acne Wash: Formulated with 10% benzoyl peroxide, Humane Maximum-Strength Acne Wash is a potent face and body cleansing treatment that targets the primary cause of acne growth and combats excessive oil production. Helps prevent blackheads, whiteheads, pimples and below-the-skin cysts, while easing inflammation and redness. Dermatologist-tested. 8 FL. OZ. bottle
- Humane Oil-Free Moisturizer: Gentle and non-irritating, this oil-free face moisturizer contains moisture-locking hyaluronic acid (which can absorb up to 1,000 times its weight in water) with soothing aloe vera and antioxidant-rich cucumber and grape seed extracts. The lightweight formula layers under makeup easily, absorbing quickly and leaving skin with a smooth, nongreasy finish. Suitable for all skin types, but particularly oily and acne-prone complexions. Dermatologist-tested. 4 FL. OZ. bott
4. Clean and clear continuous control acne clear
Clean & Clear Continuous Control Acne Cleanser not only removes dirt and oil, it also features a pore-penetrating technology that deposits acne medicine to help fight and help prevent breakouts long after you wash. Your skin is clean and becomes clearer with continued use.
- 2 Pieces – 5 Ounce (148ml)
- For Visibly Clearer And Less Oily Skin,
- Daily Formula
5. Cerave acne foaming cream cleanser
- [ DAILY FACE WASH ] Gentle cleansing lotion with hyaluronic acid, ceramides, and glycerin to help hydrate skin without stripping moisture. Removes face makeup, dirt, and excess oil, provides 24-hour hydration and leaves a moisturized, non-greasy feel.
- [ NON-FOAMING CLEANSER ] Moisturizing facial cleanser with a lotion-like consistency feels smooth as it cleanses, even on sensitive, dry skin. Paraben-free, fragrance-free, soap-free, non-comedogenic, non-drying, and non-irritating. Certified by the National Eczema Association
- [ ESSENTIAL CERAMIDES ] Ceramides are found naturally in the skin and make up 50% of the lipids in the skin barrier. All CeraVe products are formulated with three essential ceramides (1, 3, 6-II) to help restore and maintain the skin’s natural barrier
- [ DERMATOLOGIST RECOMMENDED ] CeraVe Skincare is developed with dermatologists and has products suitable for dry skin, sensitive skin, oily skin, acne-prone, and more
Aqua / Water / Eau, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Peg-40 Stearate, Stearyl Alcohol, Potassium Phosphate, Ceramide Np, Ceramide Ap, Ceramide Eop, Carbomer, Glyceryl Stearate, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Cholesterol, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium Edta, Dipotassium Phosphate, Tocopherol, Phytosphingosine, Xanthan Gum, Cetyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 20, EthylhexylglycerinAqua / Water / Eau, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Peg-40 Stearate, Stearyl Alcohol, Potassium Phosphate, Ceramide Np, Ceramide Ap, Ceramide Eop, Carbomer