Periorbital dark circles are dark blemishes around eyes. It is also common in men and women.
ALLERGIES: Any condition that causes eye to itch can contribute to dark circles due to rubbing or scratching the skin around them.
MEDICATIONS: The skin under the eye is very delicate, any increased blood flow shows through skin.
FATIGUE: A lack of sleep, mental fatigue, over sleeping can cause paleness of skin.
AGE: Dark circle becomes more noticeable with age because as we get older skin losses collagen becoming thinner and more translucent.
SUN EXPOSURE: Over exposure to sun cause your body to produce excess melanin, that can cause pigmentation in surrounding skin to darken.
DEHYDRATION: Dehydration is common cause of dark circles under your eyes.
how to get rid of dark circles
Cold compress can help reduce swelling and dark circles. Apply cold compress for about 10 -20 minutes in morning and evening. Wrap a few ice cubes in a clean wash cloth and apply to your eye for 20 minutes.
Cucumber have skin lightning and mild astringent properties. It helps to fix dark circles. Take cucumber slice and then refrigerate for 30 min then leave slice on your face for 10 min.
Tomatoes are high in lycopene, tomatoes are excellent for health, vision and for your skin. Mix equal parts of tomato juice and lemon juice and then apply under your eye area.
4.VITAMIN E OIL:
Vitamin E helps from aging like wrinkles. Before going to bed apply a drop of oil under eye circles and massage then keep for overnight. In the morning rinse with warm water.
Orange juice contains high vitamin A and C content. It helps to remove dark circles under your eyes. Vitamin C helps brighten hyper pigmentation as well as thicken the dermal layer of skin which conceals dark circles.
6.GET EIGHT HOURS OF SLEEP:
Most adults should aim to get between seven to eight hours of sleep each night. Getting little sleep may cause under eye circles. Try creating sleep schedule or regular bed time and wake time.
- Avoid alcoholic beverage around bed time.
- Finish all meals and snacks two hours before bed time.
7. EAT MORE COLLAGEN-RICH FOODS: As you get older your skin may begin to sag. Eat food which contains vitamin C . It helps your body to absorb more hyaluronic acid.
8.EAT MORE IRON-RICH FOODS: By eating iron rich foods count of red blood cells increases, RBC are responsible for carrying oxygen tissues in body
- Red meat
- sea food
- dried fruits
- leafy green, veggies etc.
9. APPLY TEA BAGS: Tea contains caffeine and antioxidants helps to shrink blood vessels. Tea bags helps with inflammation. Put used tea bags in refrigerator for 10 min and then apply to your eye for 30 min.
10. QUIT SMOKING: Smoking depletes your body stores of vitamin c, which is vitamin responsible for creating healthy collagen in your skin. Quitting smoking also helps with a lots of other health issues, you can add years to your life.
MEDICAL TREATMENT FOR DARK CIRCLES
- LASER THERAPY: Laser therapy should be done in medical spa after consulting with dermatologist. It helps to remove dark circles. Laser therapy involves applying a low level of lighter beams to skin to improve collagen production in skin cells.
- TRY SKIN BRIGHTNERS: Skin brightners like serum, gel or cream format can remove dull skin cells. Opt for products contain vitamin C or niacinamide which can help to reduce dark circles. This can apply twice a day morning & evening.