Acne is a long term skin condition and Pimples are one of it’s symptoms.
A pimple results from excess sebum and dead skin cells getting trapped in pores of skin.
Sebaceous glands inside the pore of skin produce sebum. When outer layer of skin shed dead skin, oily sebum together form a blockage of sebaceous gland at base of skin. The sebaceous gland continuous to produce sebum. Which build up blockage, bacteria grow in that area it causes pimples.
Other causes include stress, fluctuations in hormone levels, hair & skin products etc.
Acne is a long term skin condition that occurs when dead skin cells and oil from skin clog hair follicles. It causes whiteheads, blackheads or pimples etc. If your skin containing high number of oil glands it affects face, upper part of chest and back.
People of all ages can get acne, but it is most common in teenagers.
PRIMARY causes of acne
- Exposure to sunlight.
- Excessive growth of bacteria present on skin.
secondary causes of acne
1.HARMONES: Hormonal activity such occur during menstrual cycles and puberty, may contribute to formation of acne. Increase in hormones causes skin follicle glands to grow larger and make more oily sebum also associated with worsen sebum.
2. INFECTIONS: Infection with parasitic mite Demodex is associated with development of acne. Strains have capability of changing, perpetuating, oil production and inadequate sloughing of dead skin cells from acne pores.
3.DIET: Diet plays an important role. If your diet contain High-glycemic-load that can effect on acne severity. Studies found a low-glycemic-load diet to be effective in reducing acne.
Acne promoting factors include: high-glycemic-food, dairy products, fat food, bread and chips.
Acne promoting factors include: fatty acids, fruit and vegetable intake.
4.STRESS: Studies demonstrate that stress causes or worsen acne.
HOW TO TREAT ACNE
- Change in life style
- Eat simple carbohydrates like sugar may minimize the condition.
Acne can be classified as mild, moderate, severe to determine.
Recommended therapies for first time use benzoyl peroxide, topical retinoids or oral anti biotic. After starting therapy you will get results after 8 to 12 weeks.
SKIN CARE: People suffering from acne should not wash skin more than twice daily this reduces irritation.
Dermatologist recommend using cosmetic products that specifically say non-comedogenic, oil free and won’t clog pores.
DIET: Avoid diet which contains high-glycemic-food that can effect acne. Take diet which contains fatty acids, fruits, vegitables.
INGREDIENTS TO LOOK IN ACNE PRODUCTS
- BENZOYL PEROXIDE: It kills bacteria that causes acne. It also helps to remove excess oil from skin.
- SALICYLIC ACID: It helps to prevent pores from becoming plugged.
- ALPHA HYDROXY ACIDS: Alpha hydroxy acids like glycolic acid, lactic acid. It helps to remove dead skin cells and reduce inflammation.
- SULPHUR: It removes dead skin cells that clog pores and helps remove excess oil.